Movers arrived a little before 10:30 this morning and had everything unloaded by about noon. Considering how long it took to load the crates in Dallas, I was pretty happy to have them gone in an hour and a half. I signed all the paperwork saying everything was here, though I probably won't know if I'm missing anything for weeks (or months). A few pieces were a little worse for wear, but so was I after traveling 5000+ miles - and I wasn't on a truck/boat for six weeks.
Now comes the fun part - unpacking and finding places to put/hide everything. For now, most of it is hanging out in the 2nd bedroom.
Ah, a bed. Thought I might celebrate its arrival by sleeping on the couch tonight. Notice the aerobed - rolled up and in its bag - peeking out from the corner of the room, feeling quite inferior (and rightfully so).
The living room is a bit more cozy than in the before pictures, but I now need to find a place for the IKEA rocking chair (also peeking out from the back of the picture).
Temporary storage room. I hope no one is planning on visiting terribly soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment