Monday, December 21, 2009

Update - Work

I just realized it's been 3 weeks since my last post, so I thought I would give a quick update.

Work has been getting increasingly busier, which I suppose is a good thing. It has certainly filled up my weekdays as I've been working at the office a little later than I would prefer. One downside to working on projects with U.S. offices is the time change and the need to have late conference calls due to the time differences.

But even at work, we find time to play. Almost every Friday ends in a "drink" in the break room. One person in the group is usually responsible for providing the refreshments and, in addition to stocking the fridge with beer, there is usually wine and/or some kind of alcohol from the host's home country (which for some reason, always seems to be very strong). In the last three weeks, we've also had a Monday drink for a departing co-worker, a Tuesday drink to celebrate one partner's newborn baby, and a Thursday group dinner/bowling/billiards outing. Pretty much any excuse to get the team together.

For the holiday season, PwC also hosts a "Christmas Market" for employees, alumni, and clients. This basically consists of a bunch of big tents outside of out offices with booths serving all kinds of different food for lunch and dinner on a Thursday and Friday. The Christmas Market culminates with a staff/guest dinner/party on Friday night with music/dancing in addition to all the food. I decided to give all Texans a bad name by breaking out my cowboy hat after I had a couple glasses of gluhwein (hot wine with spices) - sorry guys. Here I am wearing the hat with a co-worker and his wife.
I got a lot of sideways looks all night, but it was fun to pass the hat around and get pictures of people:

No comments:

Post a Comment