My flight consisted of 1) a mediocre/bad "chicken" evening meal; 2) a long nap; 3) watching The Hangover; and 4) a bad/terrible breakfast. After all that, and a few minutes of reading, it was time to land in Frankfurt.
I had a three hour layover in Frankfurt and, except that I almost slept through all of the announcements for my flight, there were no issues with the quick (25 minute) flight to Luxembourg. My relocation assistant, Beverley, was waiting for me at the airport and since the customs agent decided he didn't want to search through all of my luggage, we were soon off to my temporary accommodations at the Hotel A to Z (or the ALZ Inn, depending on which sign you read).
Beverley and I quickly planned out Wednesday's house-hunt by sorting through the potential apartments she had identified. As she was unsure of what I was looking for with respect to size, price, etc., we were forced to eliminate many of the candidates and decided it would be best to spread our time out over two days rather than one so she could do a bit more focused research on Wednesday morning. Once that was settled, she took me to the local grocery store to buy a few provisions for my kitchenette and left me to spend the rest of the afternoon/evening as I pleased - which turned out to be cooking dinner, reading "to do" lists and searching for apartments online.
No comments:
Post a Comment