Thursday, March 18, 2010

Things to do, places to see

I have a busy next four weeks planned, and it started with another late-night/early-morning bus ride to Frankfurt-Hahn.

This weekend, my friend Brian is venturing across the pond to meet me in Barcelona for four days. It's a long trip (for him) for only four days and the union strikes at British Airways almost caused him to abandon it altogether, but everything worked out and, according to my calculations, he should be sitting in London waiting for his connecting flight as I type this. I, on the other hand, flew RyanAir again and rode the 3:05am bus from Luxembourg to catch my 6:40am flight, then had another hour-plus bus ride from Girona to Barcelona (I'm really starting to think the cheap airfare isn't really worth the trouble...and this is only my second trip). Add to that the fact that yesterday was St. Patrick's Day and I was (easily) convinced to enjoy a Guinness or two at an Irish pub...and you get a very tired Adam that only slept in fits and starts on the airplane and buses. I found the hotel here much easier than I did in Rome, however, and I am about to venture out to explore the city while I wait for Brian to arrive.

As for the next weeks, I have two ski trips to the French Alps (one with 10 or so of my international tax colleagues and the other with a much larger group from PwC). Then, about 25 folks from the international tax group (including some significant others) and I are heading out to the Bourgogne (Burgundy) region of France for a weekend of wine-tasting.

Don't ask when/how I'm going to train for my May 15 marathon...

No comments:

Post a Comment